I just popped this beauty into the oven so I thought I’d post the recipe that I came up with last fall for Butternut Squash Soup. This soup is so hearty and delicious- my family loves this stuff!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it and post a photo to Instagram tag me! Tag me in your actual photo and use the hashtag #EmilyEatsRealFoodRecipe. I love seeing the creations you come up with from my recipes.
- 1 Large Butternut Squash, cooked (I cut mine in half and roast on 450* for about an hour with a generous amount of avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary on top. I prefer this method because roasted veggies are the bomb. A crockpot would work fine too- whatever your favorite method of cooking is, use it.)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 2-2½ cups Almond Milk (check labels. You could also use compliant chicken broth.)
- ½ cup Coconut Cream (the thick stuff on the top of the coconut milk can- don't shake it.)
- Allow squash to cool enough to be able to handle- remove all of the peel and seeds if they're still in there.
- Cube squash (I ended up with about 8 cups of squash cubes) and put in sauce pan on medium heat with almond milk and coconut cream.
- At this point I used an immersion blender to blend everything together. You could also use a food processor or regular blender in small batches.
- Add to saucepan and warm to desired temperature while seasoning how you like it. Enjoy!