I threw this soup together on a whim this morning to cook in the crockpot all day and my family RAVED about it so I’m jotting it down on here really quickly- #1 before I forget and #2 before I run out the door to bible study.
This recipe isn’t Whole30 (because of the corn and beans) but it’s TASTY and family approved and perfect for (my) Life After Whole30.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it and post a photo to Instagram tag me! Tag me in your actual photo and use the hashtag #EmilyEatsRealFoodRecipe. I love seeing the creations you come up with from my recipes.
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth or Bone Broth
- 1-2 Cups of water (add last)
- 1 Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Rotel (Tomatoes + Green Chilies)
- 1 Can of Ranch Style Beans
- 2 Large ears of fresh corn on the cob- corn removed
- 2 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- House Seasoning to taste (Recipe on Blog)
- Avocado, Fresh Cilantro and Lime wedge for garnish.
- Add all ingredients (except garnish) to large crockpot, don't drain any of the cans, and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.
- Once done, shred chicken with 2 forks and stir to combine shredded chicken.
- Top with avocado, cilantro and juice from a lime wedge.
- (My family added cheese or sour cream to theirs.)