I never get tired of eggs for breakfast. I love them. So much that I have 20 chickens, 4 ducks and 2 turkeys and we eat their eggs. My oldest has an egg business where she sells a good amount of eggs but we eat a bunch of them too. They have spoiled me… regular ol grocery store eggs just aren’t the same. If you’re local and want to buy eggs I’d be happy to get some to you! Email me at EmilyEatsRealFood (at) gmail.com
But! There are mornings where I just don’t have time to cook eggs. So, chia seed pudding is the next best option. Chia seeds are considered a super food and have a ton of health benefits! Google chia seeds to find out more. This chia seed pudding can be made the night before (just combine seeds + milk+ almond butter in a jar and shake well. Store in the fridge overnight and give it a good stir before eating the next morning.) or eaten warm in the morning. I prefer the quickness of warm chia seed pudding. You can follow #emilyschiaseeds on Instagram to see my favorite flavor combinations.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! If you make it and post a photo to Instagram tag me! Tag me in your actual photo and use the hashtag #EmilyEatsRealFoodRecipe. I love seeing the creations you come up with from my recipes.
- 1 cup or almond milk or coconut milk (I prefer unsweetened almond)
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter
- Your Favorite Toppings:
- Banana + walnuts + cinnamon (my FAVE)
- Warm sautéed strawberries + almonds
- Sliced Fig + walnuts + cinnamon
- 100% pure pumpkin + pecans + pumpkin sie spice
- Warm apples (or apple sauce) + cinnamon + pecans
- Combine milk + chia seeds + almond butter with a whisk in a small sauce pan.
- Heat mixture over medium/high heat, stirring often until mixture starts to bubble.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Top with you favorite toppings